SharpBridge
Property investor
I’m comparing a 750 sq ft new-build flat with a similarly priced country home in Los Angeles. The flat appears easier to maintain, while the house offers more control but potentially larger, irregular bills.
My model includes property tax, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I’m less certain how to account for shared-building reserves, vacancy risk, tenant demand and the time needed to manage each property. What tends to become apparent only after the first year?
I’m buying outside my home country, so I’d also appreciate a practical due-diligence checklist rather than assuming the purchase and ownership process will be familiar.
My model includes property tax, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I’m less certain how to account for shared-building reserves, vacancy risk, tenant demand and the time needed to manage each property. What tends to become apparent only after the first year?
I’m buying outside my home country, so I’d also appreciate a practical due-diligence checklist rather than assuming the purchase and ownership process will be familiar.