The inspection on a 175 m² Brisbane townhouse found several genuine but manageable issues, with estimates totalling about A$80,560. The seller has offered to organise the work, but I would rather choose the contractors and control the standard.
Would a credit at settlement generally be more useful than reducing the purchase price? I’m checking whether the lender limits concessions, particularly if the valuation creates an appraisal gap. I also need to respond within the inspection deadline and don’t want to put the deposit at risk. Interested in how others would structure this, including what financing proof or repair quotes the seller might reasonably request.
Would a credit at settlement generally be more useful than reducing the purchase price? I’m checking whether the lender limits concessions, particularly if the valuation creates an appraisal gap. I also need to respond within the inspection deadline and don’t want to put the deposit at risk. Interested in how others would structure this, including what financing proof or repair quotes the seller might reasonably request.