I have a one-bedroom detached home in Amsterdam currently rented for about €3,719 per month. Comparable asking rents appear to be around €4,117, but the tenant pays reliably and looks after the property.
The full difference is €398 a month. I am considering a smaller adjustment rather than pushing straight to the apparent market level, because a departure could mean vacancy, refurbishment and reletting costs. How would others structure a fair rent discussion while complying with the applicable local notice and increase rules? I would particularly value ways to account for payment reliability and maintenance history without simply guessing at a discount.
The full difference is €398 a month. I am considering a smaller adjustment rather than pushing straight to the apparent market level, because a departure could mean vacancy, refurbishment and reletting costs. How would others structure a fair rent discussion while complying with the applicable local notice and increase rules? I would particularly value ways to account for payment reliability and maintenance history without simply guessing at a discount.