Our adviser flagged the cost uncertainty but stopped short of saying we should walk away. I’m building a closing-cost checklist for an Amsterdam warehouse priced around €1,247,000.
The obvious lines are transfer tax, notary or other legal fees, and registration. What concerns me is everything dependent on the ownership structure, plus annual property charges and the eventual tax position on sale.
For anyone familiar with Netherlands transactions, which questions exposed costs that were absent from the first estimate? I’m especially interested in ownership restrictions, residency, capital-gains treatment and inheritance planning. I’ll take the answers to a licensed local professional rather than treating them as personal legal or tax advice.
The obvious lines are transfer tax, notary or other legal fees, and registration. What concerns me is everything dependent on the ownership structure, plus annual property charges and the eventual tax position on sale.
For anyone familiar with Netherlands transactions, which questions exposed costs that were absent from the first estimate? I’m especially interested in ownership restrictions, residency, capital-gains treatment and inheritance planning. I’ll take the answers to a licensed local professional rather than treating them as personal legal or tax advice.