I added condition to my Amsterdam listing comparison, and the variation became larger rather than clearer. The properties described as warehouses are priced from €426,900 to €640,300; the snapshot shows a 6.2% decline and about 85 days on market.
I had assumed transaction fees were driving much of the spread, but buildings needing work may be a counterexample if buyer financing is the real constraint. Has anyone seen the same pattern at neighbourhood level? Please specify the type of warehouse as well as the area. My next step is to match price reductions and new-listing volume against completed sales, where those sales can be identified reliably.
I had assumed transaction fees were driving much of the spread, but buildings needing work may be a counterexample if buyer financing is the real constraint. Has anyone seen the same pattern at neighbourhood level? Please specify the type of warehouse as well as the area. My next step is to match price reductions and new-listing volume against completed sales, where those sales can be identified reliably.