another first-time buyer following the santiago market

full_story

First-time buyer
Established
I have started following studio listings in Santiago, and the first question is whether the quoted figures bear much relation to confirmed sales. I am a first-time buyer, so I am also trying to map the full transaction costs before drawing comparisons with other countries.

For Chile, would you begin with the local board, a source of completed-price data, or a mortgage and legal checklist? I have not yet decided how much renovation I would accept, and whether property management matters will depend on whether the studio is for me or eventually an investment. A sensible reading order would help.
 
Welcome. I’d start with the local board, then separate your research into three columns: asking prices, confirmed completed prices, and total purchase costs. Comparisons across countries can be useful, but transaction costs and listing conventions are very local. Are you considering a studio to live in or as an investment? That changes whether mortgage comparisons, property management, renovation costs, or rental assumptions should come next.
 
Back
Top