I’m comparing a 35 m² apartment with a similarly priced small multifamily in Warsaw. The apartment appears simpler to maintain, while the multifamily offers more control but could bring larger, irregular bills and more management work.
My model currently covers insurance, energy use, resale liquidity, tenant demand and vacancy risk. For the apartment, I also want to understand the condition of the shared building and the adequacy of its reserves. For the multifamily, I’m trying to identify which structural or building-wide costs could land entirely on one owner rather than being shared.
I have one more call booked and want to take a short, practical checklist. What should I ask for on each option regarding:
- maintenance completed and expected over the next few years; - insurance scope and exclusions; - actual energy consumption rather than estimates; - shared-building reserves and planned works; - tenant turnover, vacancy history and management workload; - likely buyer pool and obstacles to resale?
The strongest claim in the sales pitch is also the least documented one. Which figures or records would you insist on seeing before treating any claim about lower costs, stronger demand or easier resale as credible? I’m especially interested in expenses that tend to appear only after the first year.
My model currently covers insurance, energy use, resale liquidity, tenant demand and vacancy risk. For the apartment, I also want to understand the condition of the shared building and the adequacy of its reserves. For the multifamily, I’m trying to identify which structural or building-wide costs could land entirely on one owner rather than being shared.
I have one more call booked and want to take a short, practical checklist. What should I ask for on each option regarding:
- maintenance completed and expected over the next few years; - insurance scope and exclusions; - actual energy consumption rather than estimates; - shared-building reserves and planned works; - tenant turnover, vacancy history and management workload; - likely buyer pool and obstacles to resale?
The strongest claim in the sales pitch is also the least documented one. Which figures or records would you insist on seeing before treating any claim about lower costs, stronger demand or easier resale as credible? I’m especially interested in expenses that tend to appear only after the first year.