BriskTable
Landlord
I’m 96 days into comparing two similarly priced Montreal properties: a 1,780 sq ft apartment and a studio. The apartment appears simpler to maintain, while the studio offers more control but could leave me carrying larger, irregular costs.
My model includes financing, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I’m also considering tenant demand, vacancy risk and management workload if I rent it later. Nothing looks disastrous individually; it’s the accumulation of loose ends that worries me. What should be on a practical pre-purchase checklist, and which costs tend to become apparent only after the first year?
My model includes financing, insurance, energy use and resale liquidity. I’m also considering tenant demand, vacancy risk and management workload if I rent it later. Nothing looks disastrous individually; it’s the accumulation of loose ends that worries me. What should be on a practical pre-purchase checklist, and which costs tend to become apparent only after the first year?