The five-bedroom apartment is being presented as the simpler option, but I’m hesitant to accept that without seeing how the building is managed. It is 225 m² and costs about the same as a Doha townhouse, so either choice would be a substantial commitment outside my home country.
With the apartment, I’m concerned about service-charge increases, weak shared reserves and major works controlled by other owners. The townhouse would put more maintenance decisions in my hands, including repairs that may arrive unevenly. Ownership rights, insurance, cooling costs, rental rules and eventual resale also need comparing on the same basis.
What records should I request before buying, and which costs or management problems are commonly missed during the initial comparison?
With the apartment, I’m concerned about service-charge increases, weak shared reserves and major works controlled by other owners. The townhouse would put more maintenance decisions in my hands, including repairs that may arrive unevenly. Ownership rights, insurance, cooling costs, rental rules and eventual resale also need comparing on the same basis.
What records should I request before buying, and which costs or management problems are commonly missed during the initial comparison?