stone.round
Property investor
The 175 m² size is making this less straightforward than a simple apartment-versus-townhouse comparison. Both Jakarta options are similarly priced, but their ownership risks appear in different places: the apartment shifts some work to the building management, while the townhouse leaves more decisions and repairs with the owner.
I am comparing financing, insurance, power consumption, resale prospects, rental demand, vacancy and the time needed to manage each one. For the apartment I also need to assess the building reserve and whether owners may face additional contributions. I have requested the complete written schedule of charges instead of accepting another verbal figure.
Which records would you examine before choosing? I am particularly interested in expenses that often appear after the first year, such as major shared works for an apartment or uneven maintenance and insurance costs for a townhouse.
I am comparing financing, insurance, power consumption, resale prospects, rental demand, vacancy and the time needed to manage each one. For the apartment I also need to assess the building reserve and whether owners may face additional contributions. I have requested the complete written schedule of charges instead of accepting another verbal figure.
Which records would you examine before choosing? I am particularly interested in expenses that often appear after the first year, such as major shared works for an apartment or uneven maintenance and insurance costs for a townhouse.