Are 61-day marketing periods a signal for Delhi five-bedroom condos?

PlainStory

Property investor
Established
I can either call this an early shift in Delhi’s five-bedroom condo segment or dismiss it as listing-level noise, and neither conclusion feels well supported yet. For January 2025, I followed condos priced from ₹32,060,000 to ₹48,100,000. The active listings have been marketed for about 61 days.

The group is deliberately narrower than Delhi as a whole, but neighbourhood boundaries and differences in condition may still be distorting it. I also cannot see clearly whether buyer financing is delaying deals or whether owners are withdrawing instead of accepting lower prices. What would you track next: completed transactions, new-listing volume, withdrawals and relistings, or all of those before interpreting the 61-day figure?
 
I would treat it as variation until you separate the condos by neighbourhood and condition. A renovated home in one pocket may not compete with an older unit elsewhere, even when both have five bedrooms and similar asking prices. Also, 61 days for currently marketed homes is incomplete: the ones that eventually sell or get withdrawn could materially change the picture.
 
How many properties are in the group, and does “marketing period” include relisted homes? A small sample can move sharply when one stale listing enters or leaves. I would track new-listing volume, withdrawals and relistings alongside days marketed. Otherwise a falling supply count could be mistaken for stronger demand when owners are simply taking properties off the market.
 
Completed sales would help, but I wouldn’t wait for perfect data before looking for behavioural clues. Price-cut timing is useful: several reductions soon after listing suggest sellers are meeting resistance, while cuts only after long periods may just reflect overambitious initial pricing. Keep the original asking price as well as the latest one.
 
I’d build weekly cohorts rather than one combined list: first seen in January 2025, still active, reduced, withdrawn, or apparently completed. Fix the neighbourhood boundaries at the start so they do not drift toward whatever supports the conclusion. Even without confirmed completion prices, that should show whether 61 days reflects fresh inventory aging or a few persistent listings.
 
One caveat to Lara’s point: price cuts do not all carry the same meaning. Seller motivation can differ, and buyer financing may affect a high-value five-bedroom purchase differently from a smaller property. Condition, ongoing costs and readiness to move could matter more than the headline reduction. I’d record those visible differences before calling repeated cuts a segment-wide change.
 
Agreed, so I’d avoid turning the reduction count into a market verdict. A simple notes column for condition, occupancy or obvious sale urgency—only where the listing actually indicates it—would make the cohorts more useful. The strongest early signal would be several measures moving together: more new listings, longer exposure, earlier cuts and fewer apparent completions.
 
At this stage I’d call it a watchlist signal, not evidence of a Delhi shift. The price band is narrow enough to be useful, but five-bedroom condos can still be heterogeneous and neighbourhood supply can dominate. Keep the January group unchanged, add later listings as separate cohorts, and revisit once you can match even a few recent completed sales. That avoids rewriting the sample after outcomes become visible.
 
Back
Top