Are Bengaluru listings at ₹25.05m–₹37.58m really taking 90 days to sell?

kit_reese

Homeowner
Established
I’m looking at Bengaluru properties priced from ₹25,050,000 to ₹37,580,000. The listings still online suggest roughly 90 days to find a buyer, with many of the longer-running outliers appearing to have maintenance or condition issues. But this may be survivor bias: completed sales disappear while stale stock remains visible. Also, “coastal homes” appears in the category I sampled, which seems questionable for Bengaluru. Would completed deals support the 90-day figure?
 
Live listings alone cannot answer it. You would need the original listing date for completed sales, plus withdrawn and relisted properties; otherwise a relisting can look much newer than it is. I’d also separate homes that had a price cut before selling from those that found a buyer near the initial asking price.
 
Before comparing days, how tightly are you drawing the neighbourhood boundaries? That price band can include very different Bengaluru submarkets and property conditions. I’d also question the “coastal” label rather than treating it as a meaningful segment. Is it a tagging error, or did those listings enter the sample through a broader search filter?
 
I’m not convinced maintenance explains most outliers without knowing seller motivation and buyer financing. A well-kept property can linger if the seller will not negotiate, while a rough one can move quickly after a realistic cut. I’d build three groups—completed, withdrawn, and still active—then note first price cut, condition, and exact neighbourhood. That should show whether 90 days reflects actual sales or merely ageing inventory.
 
Back
Top