Are buyers negotiating more after 107 days on the Singapore market?

tradeTheAnchor

Real estate agent
Established
Verified Pro
I’m comparing 5-bed Singapore properties advertised from S$1,361,000 to S$2,042,000, and the listings I saved are behaving very differently despite sitting at roughly 107 days on market. Some have cut their price, while others appear unchanged or disappear. Properties with a clear answer on rental regulation also seem to move differently.

Is this enough time to make a meaningfully lower offer, or could withdrawn and relisted stock be distorting the picture? Recent completed examples where the final price differed from the public asking history would be especially useful.
 
At 107 days, I would negotiate, but not apply one discount across that whole price range. Time advertised only becomes useful when paired with the seller’s motivation, condition and price-cut dates. A withdrawn listing may have sold, been rented, changed agent or simply been taken off the market, so disappearance alone says little. I’d ask for comparable completed sales and write down the reasons for every adjustment to your offer.
 
How tightly have you drawn the neighbourhood boundaries? Five-bedroom properties can become poor comparables quickly if the saved search crosses different streets, property conditions or tenure profiles. Also, are the asking-price histories continuous, or are you counting a relisting as part of the same 107 days? That distinction could explain why some apparently old stock is not attracting flexible sellers.
 
I’m less convinced that 107 days automatically creates leverage. A seller who does not need to transact may hold the price, while a newer listing with financing pressure could be more negotiable. New-listing volume matters too: if buyers have few genuine alternatives, an old listing can still resist a low offer.

Rather than opening with a large reduction, I’d make the offer credible through financing readiness and a workable timeline, then ask directly whether price, completion timing or another term matters most.
 
The rental-regulation point deserves separating from the price comparison. If its effect is unclear for a particular property, get that answered for the exact unit before treating it as equivalent to the others; Singapore-specific details can matter.

Practically, build a short table with original ask, each cut date, current ask, condition, days continuously listed and confirmed completed comparables. That should reveal whether you are seeing buyer negotiation or merely a mixed group of properties with different seller circumstances.
 
Back
Top