Are buyers negotiating more after 29 days on Lima villas?

rhea_dove

Market analyst
Established
Market Reporter
The Lima villa market looks split rather than uniformly fast or slow. In the PEN 2,580,000–PEN 3,870,000 range, the listings I have saved are sitting at roughly 29 days, but they are not moving together at all. Homes with clear maintenance needs seem to follow a different path from those in ready condition.

Would you treat 29 days as a reason to negotiate firmly, or is that too early without knowing seller motivation? I would especially value recent completed-sale examples where the final price differed from the public asking history.
 
I would not base the offer on 29 days alone. A listing can look stale because it was overpriced, withdrawn and reposted, or sits just across a neighbourhood boundary that changes the buyer pool. Condition and financing eligibility may matter more than the visible count.

How are you confirming the original listing date and price cuts? Also, are these genuinely comparable villas in the same micro-area, or just within the same broad Lima search?
 
There is still room to negotiate, but I disagree that you need to wait for an arbitrary day count. Make the offer fit the specific property now: price the maintenance work, note how long any cuts took, and ask whether the seller has a preferred completion timeline. Keep withdrawn stock separate from completed sales—it may show resistance, not market value. Without verified closing prices, public asking histories only reveal seller behaviour, not the discount buyers actually achieved.
 
Back
Top