eva.calder
First-time buyer
The London market seems split rather than uniformly fast or slow. I’m looking at studios listed between £205,900 and £308,900, and I’m seeing roughly 66 days on market.
I’m trying to work out whether that now gives buyers meaningful negotiating room, or whether the figure is being distorted by withdrawn stock, relistings and differences between neighbourhoods. Condition, buyer financing and seller motivation may matter more than the headline number. Listings with clearly explained transaction fees also seem to move differently.
Does anyone have recent completed-sale examples where the final price differed from the public asking-price history? It would help to include the area, condition, initial and final asking prices, when any reduction happened, and—if known—the agreed sale price and whether the buyer was financed or cash. I’m interested in completed transactions rather than offers or asking-price cuts alone.
I’m trying to work out whether that now gives buyers meaningful negotiating room, or whether the figure is being distorted by withdrawn stock, relistings and differences between neighbourhoods. Condition, buyer financing and seller motivation may matter more than the headline number. Listings with clearly explained transaction fees also seem to move differently.
Does anyone have recent completed-sale examples where the final price differed from the public asking-price history? It would help to include the area, condition, initial and final asking prices, when any reduction happened, and—if known—the agreed sale price and whether the buyer was financed or cash. I’m interested in completed transactions rather than offers or asking-price cuts alone.