Are Calgary warehouse buyers negotiating more after 84 days on market?

MinaGale

First-time buyer
Established
What surprised me was seeing several Calgary warehouse listings remain available for about 84 days, even with asking prices ranging from C$1,512,000 to C$2,268,000. It suggests room to negotiate, but I am not convinced that days on market alone supports a deep discount.

If stock within the same neighbourhood boundaries is increasing and sellers have already reduced prices, I would be inclined to bid more aggressively. If supply is still limited and the properties differ materially in condition or location, I would base any reduction on specific defects and signs of seller motivation instead.

I am now looking for closed comparisons showing the original ask, price changes and final sale amount, as well as checking whether apparently new stock is actually relisted. Agents I have spoken to disagree on how much of the current pattern is seasonal.
 
Eighty-four days gives you a reason to negotiate, but it does not show how much room exists. Check when any price cuts occurred and whether apparently new listings are actually withdrawn properties returning to market. A stale original price means something different from a recently reduced one. Also, are all these warehouses within the same neighbourhood boundaries and in comparable condition?
 
The previous reply is right that 84 days opens the conversation, but I hesitate to let that number set the discount. A recently reduced warehouse is different from one that has sat at the same price, and relisted stock can make the history look shorter than it is.

I would compare properties within the same neighbourhood boundaries, then check condition, financing needs, seller motivation and new supply. If comparable inventory is growing, a lower bid has more support. If choices remain scarce, the offer should lean more heavily on specific defects and verified sale evidence.
 
Back
Top