Are Delhi buyers negotiating more after 114 days on market?

GroundedPage

Homeowner
Established
The Delhi market feels split rather than uniformly fast or slow. I’m tracking properties described as coastal homes in the ₹21,040,000–₹31,560,000 range, with roughly 114 days on market. Listings with a clear insurance position seem to move differently. Are buyers now securing meaningful reductions, or are sellers simply withdrawing? Recent completed examples would help, especially where the final price differed from the public asking history.
 
At 114 days, I would expect more room to negotiate, but days on market alone cannot show how much. A stale, overpriced listing is different from a well-priced property with condition or financing complications. Compare the first asking price, timing of any cuts, final agreed price and whether similar listings were withdrawn rather than sold.
 
What does “coastal homes” mean within Delhi here? The neighbourhood boundaries could change the comparison substantially. I’d also want to know whether the 114 days runs from the original listing date or from a relisting, and what the unresolved insurance issue actually is. Without those details, completed sales may look comparable when they are not.
 
I’d be cautious about assuming a long listing automatically means a motivated seller. Some owners can wait, while others cut early because they need certainty. New-listing volume matters too: buyers gain leverage if fresh alternatives keep appearing, but withdrawn stock can make the visible supply misleading. I’d separate the properties by neighbourhood, condition and financing suitability, then ask agents for completed rather than merely agreed transactions and reconstruct each asking-price timeline.
 
Back
Top