Are Delhi warehouse buyers negotiating harder after 55 days?

StillPorch

Real estate agent
Established
Fifty-five days is where I’m starting to wonder whether buyers gain meaningful leverage on Delhi warehouses priced around ₹46,430,000 to ₹69,640,000. The market does not look uniformly slow, though, and properties with clear energy-performance information seem to behave differently from those where that issue is unresolved.

Would you read 55 days as a reason to negotiate harder, or only if it comes with reductions, relisting or another sign of seller motivation? I’m also trying to keep neighbourhood boundaries, access, condition and occupancy status consistent when choosing comparables. If anyone has seen recent transactions, which source or record helped you verify the achieved price against earlier listing activity?
 
I wouldn’t treat day 55 as a negotiating trigger by itself. The stronger signal is what happened during those 55 days: no reduction, one meaningful cut, repeated small cuts, or a listing disappearing and returning. Seller motivation matters more than the calendar. A buyer may gain leverage if there has been little serious interest, but a patient seller can simply wait.
 
Which part of Delhi are you grouping together, and are these comparable warehouses in condition and access? Neighbourhood boundaries can make a broad days-on-market figure misleading. I’d also separate vacant buildings from occupied ones and note whether the energy question is unresolved or merely presented badly in the listing.
 
There is another complication: withdrawn stock. If slower properties are removed rather than reduced, the visible listings can make the market look healthier than it is. I’d track every property from first appearance through cuts, withdrawal, relisting and completion where the final number becomes available. Otherwise a supposed 55-day listing may actually have had a much longer marketing history.
 
I partly disagree that seller motivation dominates. In this price range, buyer financing can determine whether an apparent discount is real. A financed buyer offering less but needing more time may lose to a cleaner offer nearer asking. When comparing completed examples, the useful details are not only first ask and final price, but also condition, timing and whether the transaction had complications.
 
Energy performance may also be getting too much weight here. It can separate two otherwise similar buildings, but it won’t erase poor condition, awkward access or an unrealistic starting price. I’d compare new-listing volume with withdrawals over the same period. If fresh supply is rising while older stock sits, buyers probably have room; if replacements are scarce, 55 days may mean very little.
 
For a live negotiation, I’d ask for three genuinely comparable completed transactions and challenge any example that crosses neighbourhood boundaries or differs materially in condition. Then build the offer from the property’s own history: original ask, cut dates, time since the latest cut and any relisting.

If completed figures remain unavailable, don’t convert asking-price movements into assumed sale discounts. Make an offer you can support from the building’s shortcomings and your financing position, with room for one counter, rather than applying a blanket “55-day” percentage.
 
Back
Top