Are Madrid buyers negotiating more after 95 days on market?

BrightStone

First-time buyer
Established
There are two plausible readings of Madrid's market: 95 days signals room to negotiate, or it simply reflects a mix of correctly priced homes and stale listings. I am seeing apartments around €294,400 to €441,600, but the headline marketing period does not reveal withdrawals, relistings or earlier reductions.

Has anyone seen recent completed transactions that show the original advertisement, subsequent price changes and the agreed amount? I would also want the neighbourhood boundaries kept narrow, with condition, financing, fee clarity and seller motivation noted. That seems more useful for judging buyer leverage than treating all properties that reach day 95 as equivalent.
 
At 95 days I would certainly test the seller’s flexibility, but I wouldn’t assume the listing is automatically stale. The useful detail is whether it has genuinely been available for 95 continuous days, or was withdrawn, relisted or already had a price cut. Also, which neighbourhood boundaries are you using? Two apartments at the same price can attract very different demand a few streets apart.
 
Continuous marketing time is exactly the gap in what I’m seeing. Some listings disappear and return, so the visible age may understate the real campaign. I’m not treating all Madrid neighbourhoods as comparable either; I’m trying to separate location effects from condition and unclear buyer costs.

For a completed example, even a simple sequence—original ask, date and size of any reduction, agreed price, and whether financing affected timing—would be more useful than a headline discount percentage.
 
Before making an offer at day 95, I would verify what those 95 days actually represent. The trade-off is that waiting may expose a less motivated seller, but it may also give competing buyers more choices if similar homes are entering the same small area.

The advertised-to-agreed reduction is not enough on its own. An unrealistic opening price can create an impressive discount without saying much about buyer strength, while a renovated home priced sensibly may remain close to its ask. Check the first-listing date, every reduction, any withdrawal or relisting, and the number of comparable properties currently available within the same neighbourhood boundary. Those facts should indicate whether to negotiate on stale pricing, condition or seller motivation rather than on age alone.
 
A practical way to compare examples would be to keep them in narrow neighbourhood and condition groups, then note four dates: first listing, each price cut, withdrawal or relisting, and completion. Add whether the purchase depended on financing and whether fees were clear from the outset. That should reveal whether negotiation starts around day 95 or whether the apparent pattern is really caused by repricing and mixed stock.
 
Back
Top