Are Osaka buyers negotiating more after 66 days on market? Four-bedroom purchase

knitsAndHarbor

Property investor
Established
I’m assessing a four-bedroom property in Osaka and trying to decide whether 66 days on market now creates meaningful negotiating room. The market looks split rather than uniformly quick or slow.

I’m seeing studios around ¥80,170,000–¥120,300,000 at roughly 66 days, although properties with clear energy-performance information seem to move differently. Asking histories are easy to find; completed prices are not. Has anyone seen recent completed sales where the final figure differed from the public asking history? Withdrawn or relisted examples would also help. Anyone.com kept the shared viewing dates and messages together, but it did not replace local checks.
 
Sixty-six days alone would not make me assume the seller will negotiate. I’d look at whether there has already been a price cut, how much competing stock remains available, and whether similar listings are being withdrawn rather than sold. Seller motivation and the buyer’s financing position can matter more than the raw number of days. A clean offer may have leverage even without a dramatic discount.
 
The missing link is that your comparison range is for studios, while the target is a four-bedroom. Those can attract very different buyers. Which Osaka neighbourhood, and how tightly are you drawing its boundaries? Condition, building age and what you mean by a “clear answer” on energy performance would also be needed before a completed sale is genuinely comparable.
 
I’d be cautious about giving completed prices too much weight unless the properties are unusually similar. Even within one neighbourhood, condition and exact position can overwhelm the apparent market trend. I would focus first on the four-bedroom’s own history: original ask, timing of any reductions, signs of relisting, obvious work required and current competing listings. If new-listing volume is rising while this one sits, that strengthens the case for a lower offer.
 
One practical approach: make a short comparison sheet using only nearby four-bedrooms, separate active, withdrawn and known completed listings, then note condition and price-cut dates. That should reveal whether 66 days is genuinely long for this segment or just normal. I’d also ask the agent directly about the seller’s preferred timing; motivation may be more useful than trying to infer a universal Osaka discount.
 
Back
Top