Are renovated mixed-use buildings splitting from the rest?

MinaPike

Property investor
For my March 2026 notes, I ignored the Mexico City citywide average and followed a narrow group of mixed-use buildings asking MX$19,370,000 to MX$29,050,000. The current marketing period is about 35 days. Renovated properties move quickly, while the rest tend to sit and take price cuts. Building reserves appear to matter more than the monthly headline. Is this still ordinary building-by-building variation, or the start of a change in this segment?
 
I would call it property-level variation for now. A 35-day marketing period alone cannot show a broader turn, especially when condition and reserves clearly divide the group. Recent completed sales would be more persuasive than asking-price cuts. I’d also compare how many similar buildings were newly listed in March with how many actually completed.
 
How tightly are you drawing the neighbourhood boundaries? Even within Mexico City, combining areas with different buyer pools could make the renovated-versus-unrenovated split look stronger than it is. I’d also separate genuine mixed-use buildings from properties that merely have a small commercial space. Otherwise the comparison may not be narrow enough despite the price range.
 
I’m less confident that this is only property-level noise. Withdrawn stock can hide weakening demand, and 35 days may understate the real exposure if listings disappear rather than sell. Price-cut timing matters too: a reduction after two weeks suggests something different from one after several months. Buyer financing and seller motivation could also explain why otherwise similar buildings take different paths.
 
The next useful step is a simple property-by-property table: neighbourhood, condition, reserve position, original ask, first price-cut date, final outcome, and whether the listing sold or was withdrawn. Keep completed sales separate from active asking prices. If the same pattern persists after controlling for boundaries and condition, then you have better grounds to call it a segment change rather than a few difficult buildings.
 
Back
Top