Are Singapore studio sellers more flexible after 64 days on market?

gate.strong

Real estate agent
Established
Agents are giving me different answers, and I cannot tell whether this is seasonal or a real shift in negotiating room. Singapore feels split rather than uniformly fast or slow.

I am looking at studios asking roughly S$1,356,000–S$2,034,000, with about 64 days on market. Properties where the rental-regulation position has a clear answer seem to move differently. Are sellers becoming more receptive after that long, or is 64 days still unremarkable? Recent completed examples would be useful, particularly where the final price differed from the public asking history.
 
I would not treat 64 days as a negotiation trigger by itself. A listing may have been withdrawn, relisted or left online while the seller waits, so the visible count can mislead. Price-cut timing and seller motivation matter more: a recent reduction can mean either growing flexibility or that the seller now considers the price firm.
 
Which neighbourhood boundaries are you using, and are the studios genuinely comparable in condition? A renovated unit and one needing substantial work can sit in the same price search without competing for the same buyers. I would also separate fresh listings from older stock; otherwise an increase in new-listing volume can make demand appear weaker than it is.
 
I partly disagree that seller motivation matters more, because buyers usually cannot verify it until negotiations begin. The practical approach is to build a small comparison set within the same immediate area and condition band, then record first asking price, each cut, any withdrawal and the completed price where available. Also decide how quickly your financing allows you to proceed. A clean, credible offer may gain more traction than a lower offer with uncertainty, even after 64 days.
 
Back
Top