Are villa buyers negotiating more after 50 days on market?

nimble_creek

Seller
Established
I want to base an offer on completed transactions, but matching those figures to current Hong Kong villa listings is proving difficult. The properties I’m watching are asking HK$6,240,000 to HK$9,360,000 and have been advertised for about 50 days.

That period seems to matter less when a villa is vacant and in ready condition, while occupied or tired properties follow a different pattern. Are there recent examples where the completed price can be compared with the original ask, subsequent reductions and the property’s condition?
 
Fifty days by itself would not make me assume the seller is flexible. I’d want to know whether there has already been a price cut, whether the villa was previously withdrawn and relisted, and how motivated the seller is. Which neighbourhood boundary are you using, and are you comparing vacant villas with occupied ones?
 
The useful goal is to identify genuine seller flexibility, but 50 days cannot establish that on its own. A villa listed unchanged for that long may have a patient owner, whereas another may have been withdrawn and returned with an apparently fresh marketing date.

I would also separate condition and offer terms. For example, a lower-priced villa needing substantial work may cost more overall than a better unit with little discount. Financing conditions might support a lower bid, but they can also make it less attractive than a cleaner offer. I’d only adjust the offer after checking those factors alongside the price history.
 
A practical comparison sheet might help: exact micro-area, first asking price, dates of any cuts, vacant or occupied, condition, withdrawal history, and eventual completed price where available. Keep new listings separate from relisted stock. That should show whether the 50-day examples are genuinely becoming negotiable or whether the apparent pattern comes from mixed neighbourhoods and property condition.
 
Back
Top