slate.swift
Property investor
We offered on a coastal home in Dublin at an as-is price. The offer says the property is accepted in its present condition, but it also contains an inspection contingency. We have now uncovered a potentially major rental-regulation problem, and the seller says even requesting information or a credit breaches the spirit of our offer.
We are not trying to renegotiate minor repairs. We need to decide before the response deadline whether to proceed, seek a credit, or walk away without exposing the deposit. In practice, how do buyers separate accepting a property's physical condition from retaining inspection protection for an issue like this?
We are not trying to renegotiate minor repairs. We need to decide before the response deadline whether to proceed, seek a credit, or walk away without exposing the deposit. In practice, how do buyers separate accepting a property's physical condition from retaining inspection protection for an issue like this?