We offered on a studio in the local market at a price reflecting its present condition. The offer says we accept it as-is, but it also contains an inspection contingency. The seller now treats requests for information—or even discussion of a credit—as contrary to the offer.
If an inspection reveals a major energy-performance issue, how do you separate agreeing not to demand repairs from retaining the right to walk away? I know the exact wording, deadline and local law matter. I’m trying to understand the practical options before our response period expires, including any risk to the deposit.
If an inspection reveals a major energy-performance issue, how do you separate agreeing not to demand repairs from retaining the right to walk away? I know the exact wording, deadline and local law matter. I’m trying to understand the practical options before our response period expires, including any risk to the deposit.