Athens listings: what is separating quick sales from 88-day stock?

drawTheTrail

Homeowner
Established
I’m sense-checking an Athens sample priced from €691,800 to €1,038,000, mostly retail units. The typical listing has remained visible for 88 days, but the properties are not moving together at all: some disappear quickly while others sit.

I wondered whether property tax was driving that split, though I may be giving it too much weight. Are people seeing actual completed sales, withdrawals or delayed price cuts? Neighbourhood boundaries and condition may also be distorting my comparison.
 
I would not put tax first based on listing time alone. A unit disappearing could mean a sale, a withdrawal or simply a new listing entry. The missing detail is how tightly you have defined each neighbourhood. In Athens, two retail units placed in the same broad area can still have very different street-level appeal. Are the quicker ones comparable in condition and exact setting?
 
Condition may explain more than the headline price, but seller motivation matters too. An owner testing the market can leave a listing unchanged for 88 days; another may accept quickly. I’d also separate the date of the first price cut from total visibility.
 
I agree with separating price-cut timing, but buyer financing should not be overlooked at this bracket. It can lengthen a transaction without making the listing obviously stale.

A practical comparison would be three groups: still advertised, withdrawn, and confirmed completed sales. Then note exact neighbourhood, condition, any price change and whether the seller appears flexible. Until the disappeared listings are classified, using tax to explain the gap seems premature, especially since the relevant tax position can vary and needs Greece-specific confirmation.
 
Back
Top