The lower-looking headline rate is tempting, but comparing only rates seems unreliable once lender charges and loan-to-value pricing are applied. One Athens offer for a purchase of about €441,600 is fixed at 3.84% for three years.
If I expect to refinance after year three, should I compare payments, fees, principal remaining and any exit charge at that date? If refinancing is uncertain, would it be better to model the follow-on terms as well? I also want to know whether portability is genuinely available rather than planning on being able to move the mortgage later.
If I expect to refinance after year three, should I compare payments, fees, principal remaining and any exit charge at that date? If refinancing is uncertain, would it be better to model the follow-on terms as well? I also want to know whether portability is genuinely available rather than planning on being able to move the mortgage later.