Athens snapshot: is the reported 9.7% movement meaningful?

drawTheTrail

Homeowner
Established
Insurance uncertainty is making the price evidence harder to use. I cannot tell whether buyers faced with expensive or restricted coverage are reducing their offers or dropping the property altogether.

The reported movement is 9.7% around €947,600, while the Athens country homes I saved run from about €758,100 to €1,137,000 and spend roughly 64 days on the market. That spread may say more about condition and a mixed sample than the direction of prices. I would like to compare recent completed sales with withdrawals and the timing of reductions. Has anyone found that a workable insurance quote supports a conditional lower offer, or does the issue usually need resolving before price negotiations mean anything?
 
Before drawing a market-wide conclusion, what exactly is the insurance concern: price, availability, exclusions, or uncertainty about the property’s condition? Those could produce very different buyer reactions. I’d compare completed sales with withdrawn stock, not just active asking prices. A listing that disappears after 64 days tells you little unless you know whether it sold, was withdrawn, or returned at another price.
 
I’d go further and separate the homes by condition and tightly defined neighbourhood before relying on completed sales either. At this price range, a few unlike properties can distort a small sample. Track when each reduction occurred, new-listing volume, financing status if known, and signs of seller motivation. For the insurance point, obtain property-specific terms early; otherwise you cannot tell whether a lower offer would solve the issue or whether walking away is the rational response.
 
Back
Top