Athens warehouses: 0.6% movement and roughly 22 days on market

drawTheTrail

Homeowner
Established
The practical problem is keeping a small sample from producing a confident but misleading conclusion. I’m following Athens warehouses advertised from €736,000 to €1,104,000; the snapshot indicates 0.6% movement and around 22 days on market.

Condition clearly affects negotiated discounts. Lease length may also be important for occupied units, but I cannot tell whether it should be given priority without knowing the buyer type and seller motivation. Withdrawals or relistings could make the 22-day period look cleaner than it is.

For comparisons across Greece, could people specify the neighbourhood and distinguish warehouses from logistics or mixed industrial premises? I would also like to know what the 0.6% measures. For leased properties, an actual lease summary and tenant position would be more useful than the listing description alone.
 
Lease length could explain the gap for occupied warehouses, but 22 days may be misleading if withdrawn and relisted stock is treated as new. What does the 0.6% refer to, and are your Athens neighbourhood boundaries fixed? I’d separate vacant from leased property, then compare price-cut timing and completed sales rather than relying on listing age alone.
 
I wouldn’t put lease length ahead of condition without knowing the buyer profile. A financed buyer may react strongly to repair requirements or documentation issues, while an investor may focus on lease income and the tenant position. Seller motivation can also create a quick deal that distorts a small sample. Track new listings, withdrawals and reductions separately, and note whether each warehouse is vacant or income-producing.
 
Back
Top