Atlanta asking prices in my two-bedroom sample are down about 3.8%, but uncertain building reserves are making the movement hard to read. The properties were marketed from $440,000 to $660,000, with a median time on market of roughly 108 days, and their condition varies enough to distort a simple comparison.
I am trying to distinguish motivated sellers from listings that will eventually be withdrawn. When reserves look weak, are buyers commonly seeking a discount, or does that concern remove the property from consideration altogether? Agents disagree and some attribute the slower activity to seasonality. I am not yet convinced the 3.8% warrants changing expectations without separating closed sales, reductions and withdrawn stock.
I am trying to distinguish motivated sellers from listings that will eventually be withdrawn. When reserves look weak, are buyers commonly seeking a discount, or does that concern remove the property from consideration altogether? Agents disagree and some attribute the slower activity to seasonality. I am not yet convinced the 3.8% warrants changing expectations without separating closed sales, reductions and withdrawn stock.