The tenant’s payment and maintenance record has real value. My concern is whether the apparent $221 gap is based on comparable Atlanta townhouses that actually achieve about $1,581, rather than listings that merely ask that amount.
The current rent is roughly $1,360, and vacancy, preparation and reletting could consume much of a larger increase. A moderate adjustment therefore seems more sensible than trying to reach the advertised figure immediately. Before approaching the tenant, I plan to check the renewal and notice provisions in the lease, confirm any applicable local requirements, and compare parking, condition and included services. How would you explain the change without undermining a good relationship, and is there anything specific I should verify about deposit handling at renewal?
The current rent is roughly $1,360, and vacancy, preparation and reletting could consume much of a larger increase. A moderate adjustment therefore seems more sensible than trying to reach the advertised figure immediately. Before approaching the tenant, I plan to check the renewal and notice provisions in the lease, confirm any applicable local requirements, and compare parking, condition and included services. How would you explain the change without undermining a good relationship, and is there anything specific I should verify about deposit handling at renewal?