I can anchor the valuation to one completed sale, or work from three current listings. Neither feels comfortable: the sale may be an outlier, while the listings show expectations rather than achieved prices.
The property is an Auckland 5-bed duplex of about 175 m² in average condition, offered at NZ$1,939,000. Its light and position appeal to me, but the finishes are dated and I have not yet confirmed the exact school catchment.
How would you adjust for usable floor area and condition without pretending the evidence is more precise than it is? I’m also trying to establish whether title arrangements, recurring fees, parking, private outdoor space or the immediate street position creates the largest difference from the completed comparable. A local appraisal will be part of the decision once those facts are confirmed.
The property is an Auckland 5-bed duplex of about 175 m² in average condition, offered at NZ$1,939,000. Its light and position appeal to me, but the finishes are dated and I have not yet confirmed the exact school catchment.
How would you adjust for usable floor area and condition without pretending the evidence is more precise than it is? I’m also trying to establish whether title arrangements, recurring fees, parking, private outdoor space or the immediate street position creates the largest difference from the completed comparable. A local appraisal will be part of the decision once those facts are confirmed.