mae.meadow
Real estate agent
Paying close to $1,220,000 without solid closed-sale support feels uncomfortable, but opening too low could end the conversation before I understand the seller’s position. The Austin property is four-bedroom student housing, has been listed for 18 days and appears to require some work.
I am considering $1,159,000, or 5% below the asking price, backed by proof of financing and flexibility over completion. My explanation would be brief: the figure reflects the current condition and the limited sales evidence available, rather than a catalogue of faults. Is there a better way to test the seller’s motivation without weakening the offer?
I can adjust timing and keep the response period reasonably short. I am much less willing to expose the deposit by removing inspection, financing or appraisal protection before the extent of the work and any existing student leases are clear. If one term had to be narrowed rather than waived, which would be the least risky?
I am considering $1,159,000, or 5% below the asking price, backed by proof of financing and flexibility over completion. My explanation would be brief: the figure reflects the current condition and the limited sales evidence available, rather than a catalogue of faults. Is there a better way to test the seller’s motivation without weakening the offer?
I can adjust timing and keep the response period reasonably short. I am much less willing to expose the deposit by removing inspection, financing or appraisal protection before the extent of the work and any existing student leases are clear. If one term had to be narrowed rather than waived, which would be the least risky?