A 46-day marketing period sounds notable, but I am not yet convinced it shows a wider change. For January 2026 I followed a small group of Austin mixed-use properties priced from $852,000 to $1,278,000 instead of using a citywide measure. Differences in tenant arrangements and regulatory exposure may matter more than the average listing age.
I would treat it as an early segment shift only if the neighbourhood boundaries stayed consistent and the same properties aged despite price revisions, followed by weaker completed sales. If new listings entered the sample, or a few unusual buildings account for most of the time on market, it looks more like property-specific noise. How would you separate withdrawals and changes in seller motivation when testing that?
I would treat it as an early segment shift only if the neighbourhood boundaries stayed consistent and the same properties aged despite price revisions, followed by weaker completed sales. If new listings entered the sample, or a few unusual buildings account for most of the time on market, it looks more like property-specific noise. How would you separate withdrawals and changes in seller motivation when testing that?