I’d like the $1,060,000 property to be a credible shortlist option, but the mixed-use comparisons are pulling in different directions. My saved Austin listings range from $848,000 to $1,272,000, and the midpoint of the sample has been advertised for about 48 days.
Vacancy may explain why some move and others linger, although I’m not convinced it explains everything. A building’s condition, the finance available to buyers and even crossing into a different neighbourhood could matter more. I’m also watching whether reductions happen before fresh listings arrive, since new supply might change a seller’s willingness to negotiate.
What street-level details would you use to separate an awkwardly priced property from one with a genuine financing or location problem?
Vacancy may explain why some move and others linger, although I’m not convinced it explains everything. A building’s condition, the finance available to buyers and even crossing into a different neighbourhood could matter more. I’m also watching whether reductions happen before fresh listings arrive, since new supply might change a seller’s willingness to negotiate.
What street-level details would you use to separate an awkwardly priced property from one with a genuine financing or location problem?