The current rent on my New York condo is about $4,816, while comparable asking rents appear to be around $5,706. The tenant pays reliably and takes good care of the home.
I could move closer to market, but an $890 monthly gap has to be weighed against vacancy, turnover work and the risk of replacing a good tenant with an unknown one. I’m leaning toward a modest adjustment rather than the full difference.
How would you frame a fair rent review, preserve the relationship and make sure the timing and notice comply with the applicable local rules?
I could move closer to market, but an $890 monthly gap has to be weighed against vacancy, turnover work and the risk of replacing a good tenant with an unknown one. I’m leaning toward a modest adjustment rather than the full difference.
How would you frame a fair rent review, preserve the relationship and make sure the timing and notice comply with the applicable local rules?