There is a reasonable case for leaving the rent alone, but a smaller renewal increase may be fairer than either no change or a jump to the advertised level. The tenant currently pays about THB 130,400, while similar apartments are being marketed around THB 144,900.
A dependable tenant who looks after the apartment has real value. Before proposing anything, I would check whether those listings are genuinely comparable and how long they remain available, then weigh the extra rent against vacancy, refurbishment and reletting costs. I also need to confirm the local notice process and how the deposit must eventually be handled so the renewal does not damage the relationship.
A dependable tenant who looks after the apartment has real value. Before proposing anything, I would check whether those listings are genuinely comparable and how long they remain available, then weigh the extra rent against vacancy, refurbishment and reletting costs. I also need to confirm the local notice process and how the deposit must eventually be handled so the renewal does not damage the relationship.