The main limitation is supply data: I can see asking prices, but not yet whether buyers actually had more suitable alternatives during the same period. The Bangkok condo sample covers listings from THB 15,260,000 to THB 22,900,000. It indicates movement of about 3.2% and a median marketing period near 20 days, though mixed condition makes both figures difficult to interpret.
I’m trying to distinguish real negotiating pressure from buyers simply moving between superficially similar units. New-listing volume within consistent neighbourhood boundaries would help, as would the number of withdrawals and the point at which sellers reduced prices. How would you compare those signals with recent completed sales when judging seller motivation?
I’m trying to distinguish real negotiating pressure from buyers simply moving between superficially similar units. New-listing volume within consistent neighbourhood boundaries would help, as would the number of withdrawals and the point at which sellers reduced prices. How would you compare those signals with recent completed sales when judging seller motivation?