Bangkok mixed-use building: buy within budget now or wait for prices to fall?

Throughout my search I have kept hearing “wait for prices to fall,” but rent and borrowing costs have moved too. I have now found a suitable mixed-use building in Bangkok that I can afford, although it is not cheap by historical standards.

How do you separate a sensible decision to wait from simply trying to time the market? For this kind of property, which personal thresholds would matter most before proceeding?
 
If it works at today’s purchase price and borrowing cost, waiting solely for a general crash is market timing. I would set thresholds for the total monthly commitment, cash left after purchase, and the cost of making both the residential and commercial parts usable.

Is the commercial space intended for your own use or dependent on a tenant? That changes the calculation considerably.
 
I would not call every delay market timing. Mixed-use buildings can have sparse comparable sales, so an affordable asking price may still be poorly supported. Look for actual sold prices rather than listings, note how recent they are, and ask whether transaction volume is high enough to make the comparison meaningful.

Set a walk-away price based on the building itself, then investigate condition, permitted use, occupancy and financing before worrying about a Bangkok-wide forecast. Policy timing and seasonal noise can move headlines without changing this particular property’s value.
 
Back
Top