Bangkok studios: are service charges starting to influence demand?

RightRoom

Real estate agent
Established
My April 2025 notes cover a narrow group of Bangkok studios asking THB 34,990,000 to THB 52,490,000, with a current marketing period of roughly 45 days. I avoided the citywide average because it seemed too broad for these properties.

What stands out is that service charges appear to affect buyer interest more than the monthly asking-price headline. Would you treat that as ordinary variation between buildings, or an early change in this part of the Bangkok market?
 
I would assume building-level variation first. Compare the service charge on the same basis, then note what it covers, the property’s condition and any meaningful differences in facilities. The stronger test is recent completed sales: did otherwise comparable studios with lower charges actually sell faster or closer to asking? Forty-five days of marketing alone does not separate buyer resistance from seller ambition.
 
How narrow are your neighbourhood boundaries, and are the studios reasonably similar in size? Even nearby buildings may appeal to different buyers. I would also separate new listings from units that were withdrawn and later returned, otherwise the apparent marketing period can be misleading.
 
I’m not sure I’d dismiss the 45-day pattern as property-level noise. If price cuts repeatedly begin around the same point while new-listing volume rises, that could indicate a broader shift in negotiating power. Service charges may simply be where buyers express caution, especially when financing or total monthly outgoings are tight. Seller motivation matters too: an unhurried seller can make a normal listing look stale.
 
Track each unit weekly rather than trying to label the market yet: original ask, reductions and their timing, service charge, condition, listing status, and eventual completed price where available. Keep withdrawn stock in a separate column. After a few more observations, you should be able to see whether high-charge units consistently cut sooner or whether one or two buildings are driving the impression.
 
Back
Top