I am considering a Bangkok townhouse priced around THB 42,480,000 and have asked for a written, itemised closing statement rather than another verbal estimate.
So far the list mentions transfer tax, registration and legal or notary fees. What remains unclear is who pays each item, whether the proposed ownership structure creates additional costs, and what continues annually after completion. I also want to understand future capital-gains treatment, residency implications and inheritance planning before committing.
What questions should I take to a licensed Thai professional, and which costs tend to appear only late in the transaction?
So far the list mentions transfer tax, registration and legal or notary fees. What remains unclear is who pays each item, whether the proposed ownership structure creates additional costs, and what continues annually after completion. I also want to understand future capital-gains treatment, residency implications and inheritance planning before committing.
What questions should I take to a licensed Thai professional, and which costs tend to appear only late in the transaction?