MX$36,990 versus an apparent market rent of MX$43,530 is a large enough difference to review, but I am not convinced the higher figure represents the better financial outcome. The current tenant is reliable, flags maintenance issues promptly and keeps the property in good condition. A vacancy, reletting costs or delayed repairs could absorb part of the increase.
My inclination is a modest adjustment after checking genuine local comparables and the applicable notice rules, rather than trying to reach the advertised market level immediately. I could then review it again later, possibly after agreed improvements. For landlords who faced this choice, did the maintenance history and likely vacancy time change the amount you settled on?
My inclination is a modest adjustment after checking genuine local comparables and the applicable notice rules, rather than trying to reach the advertised market level immediately. I could then review it again later, possibly after agreed improvements. For landlords who faced this choice, did the maintenance history and likely vacancy time change the amount you settled on?