We cannot put the property back on the market until the previous agreement and any deposit position are fully closed out. Once that is confirmed, we need to decide whether speed or a stronger sales file matters more.
The buyer for our coastal home failed to complete after being under agreement for several weeks. Financing was the stated issue, not the inspection, but new buyers are likely to wonder whether there was a valuation or property problem. We could relist promptly with a brief factual explanation, or pause to update the documents and reconsider the price against recent completed sales.
For the next round, should we favour an offer with current financing evidence, meaningful deposit exposure and shorter contingency periods even if its price is not the highest? I would also like to decide in advance how to handle inspection requests and repair credits rather than negotiating those under pressure.
The buyer for our coastal home failed to complete after being under agreement for several weeks. Financing was the stated issue, not the inspection, but new buyers are likely to wonder whether there was a valuation or property problem. We could relist promptly with a brief factual explanation, or pause to update the documents and reconsider the price against recent completed sales.
For the next round, should we favour an offer with current financing evidence, meaningful deposit exposure and shorter contingency periods even if its price is not the highest? I would also like to decide in advance how to handle inspection requests and repair credits rather than negotiating those under pressure.