Bengaluru serviced apartment at ₹91,850,000: what explains the spread?

pine.open

Homeowner
I’m deciding whether ₹91,850,000 is defensible for a Bengaluru serviced apartment. The set I’m watching runs from ₹73,480,000 to ₹110,200,000, with roughly 47 days on market and a headline movement of +4.6%.

The listings are not moving together, and negotiated discounts seem especially sensitive to condition. My working theory is that insurance is contributing more to the spread than headline demand suggests. Does that fit what others are seeing in India? Please identify the neighbourhood and property type when comparing.
 
I should add that I’m not treating the +4.6% figure as a valuation increase for this particular unit. The practical decision is whether to negotiate from ₹91,850,000 now or wait for clearer evidence from completed sales and price cuts. I’m also trying not to confuse a 47-day average with the history of any one listing.
 
I would not put insurance first without building-specific evidence. With serviced apartments, “condition” may bundle together furnishing quality, deferred work and whatever operating arrangement comes with the unit. Those can affect both buyer interest and financing.

You also need withdrawn stock. If weaker listings disappear rather than sell, 47 days for active listings may present an incomplete picture.
 
Is ₹91,850,000 the current asking price or the number you expect after negotiation? Also, what period and comparison set produced the 4.6% movement? Completed sales, changed asking prices and new-listing prices answer very different questions.
 
One more thing: record when each listing first cuts its price. A reduction after two weeks can signal something different from one after several months. I’d separate untouched listings, reduced listings and withdrawn or relisted units before drawing conclusions from the average time on market.
 
Insurance could still matter, but I’d test it rather than infer it from the price spread. Obtain comparable quotations for the shortlisted buildings using the same assumptions, then ask whether any difference is large enough to change a buyer’s offer. If it isn’t, condition or seller motivation is probably doing more explanatory work.
 
“India” is too broad for a useful comparison here, and even Bengaluru boundaries can distort the result. A serviced apartment just outside the neighbourhood you are searching may compete for the same buyer while being excluded from your figures. I’d start with recent completed sales in the same building, then expand gradually to genuinely comparable nearby properties.
 
The detail that changes my view is occupancy terms. A same-building sale sounds like the strongest evidence until, for example, a furnished high-floor unit sold vacant is compared with a lower-floor unit tied to an operating arrangement.

I would still use completed sales from the building, but not automatically make them the anchor. Floor, view, fit-out, financing eligibility and the seller’s need for speed can outweigh the shared address. Compare those differences first, then decide whether the building sale or a nearby serviced apartment is actually the closer match.
 
Seller behaviour may explain why the saved listings look disconnected. Track the original asking price, every cut, any withdrawal and any return to market. A relisted unit can appear fresh even when the seller has been testing the market for much longer. That history also helps distinguish a negotiable seller from one simply waiting at an ambitious price.
 
Karimp’s caveat is fair. I’d make three groups: same-building sales, nearby serviced-apartment sales, and current competing listings. Then adjust the comparison qualitatively for condition and financing rather than forcing one average across all three. If the ₹91,850,000 unit only looks attractive against current asking prices, that is weaker support than a pattern of relevant completed sales.
 
Before choosing between offering now and waiting, ask for four missing pieces: the unit’s full listing history, evidence of recent comparable completions, a condition-based cost estimate, and a like-for-like insurance indication. Also confirm how readily buyers can finance this particular serviced-apartment setup, since a smaller buyer pool could affect both time on market and negotiation. Once those are separated, the 4.6% headline figure should carry much less weight than the evidence around the actual unit.
 
Back
Top