Bengaluru studio snapshot for August 2025: citywide figure or neighbourhood splits?

studyTheRoom

Homeowner
Established
I’m compiling an August 2025 community snapshot for Bengaluru studios and need to decide whether a citywide summary is defensible or whether it should be split by neighbourhood and price band.

The current indicative figures are 84 days on market, asking-price movement of -6.8%, and visible financing sensitivity around ₹47,180,000. These are discussion inputs, not an official index.

Before revising the summary, I’m looking for completed-sale evidence, inventory changes, and clarification of the property-type and price-band mix. Please include a source where possible, or clearly label on-the-ground observations.
 
The sample definition needs to come first. Does “studio” include serviced units or only conventional residential listings? Also, are the 84 days measured from first appearance to removal, or only across listings still active in August? Without those details, a citywide number could conceal more than it explains.
 
I’m particularly unsure how to read the ₹47,180,000 figure. Is that a price band containing many sampled listings, or a point where financing-related behaviour appeared to change? If a small number of higher-priced properties dominate the sample, they could also pull the asking-price movement away from what typical studio listings are doing.
 
I wouldn’t hold back the entire snapshot while waiting for perfect coverage. Publish it as provisional, but separate the three claims. A -6.8% change in asking prices is not completed-sale evidence, while 84 days depends heavily on how relistings and withdrawn properties are treated. Neighbourhood splits would help, provided each split has enough observations to be meaningful.
 
That distinction is fair. I’ll retain the figures but label them separately as asking-price movement, indicative marketing time, and financing sensitivity rather than presenting them as one market conclusion.

The next revision will also state the studio definition, treatment of relistings, sample period, price-band mix and revision date. Completed-sale contributions would be most useful if they identify the neighbourhood, property type, completion timing, and asking versus completed price where known.
 
A simple evidence table would make later revisions easier: neighbourhood, studio definition, initial asking price, latest asking price, completed price if available, first-seen date, status, and observation or source date. Keep duplicate or relisted units flagged rather than counting them twice. I’d also leave completed sales as a separate series instead of blending them into the -6.8% asking-price figure.
 
Back
Top