Bengaluru valuation check: 115 m² detached home at ₹50,100,000

cai_listings

Landlord
The evidence is thin: I can locate three current listings but only one recorded transaction that appears reasonably comparable. The property itself is a 5-bed detached home in Bengaluru, around 115 m² and described as being in average condition, with an asking price of ₹50,100,000.

Its light and location are appealing, while the dated interior, tenure or lease details and any associated costs need closer examination. I am unsure whether to adjust the completed sale mainly for internal area or treat plot size and usable outdoor space as the bigger dividing line. If the area measurements and land are genuinely comparable, I would test several condition allowances; if they are not, I may need to give that sale much less weight. What missing detail would you establish first?
 
The asking price works out at roughly ₹435,650 per m², but I would not apply that rate mechanically. With only one completed comparable, I’d test condition deductions at 5%, 10% and 15% rather than choose one immediately. The biggest missing fact may be plot size: for a detached home, the land and outdoor space could matter more than a modest difference in internal area.
 
Before adjusting anything, what does the 115 m² represent—carpet area, built-up area, or another measurement? The comparisons need to use the same basis. Five bedrooms within 115 m² also raises a layout question: usable room sizes and circulation could affect buyer appeal even if the headline floor area matches.
 
I’m not convinced a percentage condition deduction is reliable here. Dated finishes can mean cosmetic work, extensive work, or little difference if buyers mainly value the site and micro-location. I would first establish the exact neighbourhood, plot area, tenure or remaining lease term, and how close the completed sale really is. Three asking prices mostly show seller expectations.
 
That is fair, but scenario percentages still help expose how sensitive the conclusion is. I’d calculate the completed comparable on a consistent area basis, then run separate adjustments for condition and obvious property differences. Combining everything into one discount makes it impossible to tell whether the gap comes from dated interiors, less outdoor space, parking, or tenure.
 
The completion date of the sold comparable is also missing. Even without assuming a market movement, an older transaction may reflect different property condition or local circumstances. I’d want its date, exact micro-location, area definition, plot or outdoor space, parking arrangement, and condition at sale before treating it as the main evidence.
 
For floor area, I would avoid assuming a perfectly linear adjustment. Extra space may have different value depending on whether it creates useful rooms or simply larger circulation areas. A practical approach is to compare implied per-m² figures, then moderate the adjustment after looking at layout, bedroom sizes and site differences. That should also reveal whether the 5-bed label is carrying an unsupported premium.
 
The lease point could outweigh the finishes. Clarify whether this is actually leasehold, how much time remains, and whether any service charges or other recurring property costs apply. Their treatment can vary, so the paperwork and local appraisal matter. If the home is within a managed development, parking rights and private versus shared outdoor space should be confirmed too.
 
I’d build a one-page comparison table for the four properties: completed or asking price, date, area basis, plot/outdoor space, micro-location, condition, parking, tenure and recurring charges. Use the sold property as the anchor, with the asking listings as context. Until the 115 m² definition and plot or lease details are known, any precise valuation range would be false accuracy.
 
Back
Top