Either the Berlin unit achieves €2,565 a month with serviced-apartment costs on top, or I model a lower rent and the return becomes uncomfortable; neither case yet gives me much confidence. The purchase price is €427,800 for a 3-bed, so the advertised figures produce a gross yield of about 7.2%.
I have included routine upkeep, management, empty periods and a reserve for a major repair. What I cannot yet judge is whether owner-only building charges, furnishing turnover or restrictions on the intended rental arrangement would undermine the rent assumption. I also plan to test higher financing costs. Which documents or cost line would you verify first, and what unlevered net return would make the remaining risk acceptable to you?
I have included routine upkeep, management, empty periods and a reserve for a major repair. What I cannot yet judge is whether owner-only building charges, furnishing turnover or restrictions on the intended rental arrangement would undermine the rent assumption. I also plan to test higher financing costs. Which documents or cost line would you verify first, and what unlevered net return would make the remaining risk acceptable to you?