The broker presents this as a roughly 4.3% gross-yield purchase, but I am hesitant to treat that as meaningful without testing the rent and financing. The property is a 4-bed Berlin apartment priced at €1,311,000, with expected rent of €4,670 a month.
Even a modest vacancy period, an insurance increase or higher borrowing cost could remove most of the margin. I am allowing for management, recurring upkeep and a larger repair, but the model may still be optimistic if the €4,670 cannot be achieved or maintained under the rental arrangements. The building looks sound, although shared works and non-recoverable owner costs are still unclear.
Would you first verify whether that rent is current, achievable and stated on the right basis, or concentrate on the building accounts and likely capital work? I plan to rerun the figures with vacancy and more expensive debt rather than choosing a target net yield from the broker’s headline.
Even a modest vacancy period, an insurance increase or higher borrowing cost could remove most of the margin. I am allowing for management, recurring upkeep and a larger repair, but the model may still be optimistic if the €4,670 cannot be achieved or maintained under the rental arrangements. The building looks sound, although shared works and non-recoverable owner costs are still unclear.
Would you first verify whether that rent is current, achievable and stated on the right basis, or concentrate on the building accounts and likely capital work? I plan to rerun the figures with vacancy and more expensive debt rather than choosing a target net yield from the broker’s headline.