Berlin listings: what is really behind 65 days on market?

ModernLoft

First-time buyer
Established
I’m sense-checking a Berlin sample priced from €875,800 to €1,314,000. The typical listing has remained visible for 65 days, and the data describes most of these as coastal homes—which clearly needs explaining for Berlin. My working theory was that service charges separate the quicker-moving properties from stale stock. Are others seeing that, or are neighbourhood, condition and seller motivation more important?
 
I would resolve the “coastal homes” classification before drawing conclusions. It suggests the sample may mix locations or property categories. Also, 65 days visible is not necessarily 65 continuous days on the market if listings are withdrawn and relisted. Which Berlin neighbourhoods and property types are included, and are the service charges recorded consistently?
 
I’m not convinced service charges alone explain it. At this price level, financing readiness and property condition could easily distinguish a quick deal from a listing that lingers. Seller expectations matter too: a disappearance might be a completed sale, but it could also be withdrawn stock. I’d compare price-cut timing and relistings before treating the quick exits as sales.
 
Split the sample by neighbourhood boundaries, property type and condition first. Then track original asking price, reductions, service charges, withdrawal dates and any confirmed completion separately. If completed-sale information is unavailable, label removals as removals rather than sales. That should show whether 65 days reflects genuine demand or simply a mixture of stale, reduced and recycled listings.
 
Back
Top