Berlin retail listings: is condition driving the gap?

ames_budgets

Homeowner
I can find asking-price data everywhere, but completed numbers are much harder to pin down. I’m sense-checking a Berlin sample of mostly retail units priced from €688,200 to €1,032,000. The typical listing has been visible for 29 days.

My working theory is that maintenance or deferred work separates the faster-moving properties from stale stock. Does that fit the street-level picture, or are financing and seller motivation more important? I’d particularly value clues on withdrawals and when price cuts tend to appear.
 
I wouldn’t read 29 visible days as evidence of a quick sale yet. A unit can disappear because it sold, was withdrawn, or was later relisted. Maintenance may explain some of the split, but your sample also needs tighter neighbourhood boundaries. Are these units genuinely comparable in condition, occupancy and exact location, or only similar in price?
 
One practical addition: record each listing weekly rather than only noting its current age. Mark the first reduction, withdrawal and any return with altered wording or price. That will not give you completed prices, but it should stop withdrawn stock being mistaken for sales and show whether sellers test the market before cutting.
 
I’d push back on maintenance as the main explanation until the other variables are separated. Across a €688,200–€1,032,000 bracket, two retail units can appeal to very different buyers and financing profiles even if both look serviceable. I’d divide the sample by a small neighbourhood area and condition, then compare new listings, cuts and disappearances within those groups. If maintained units still move sooner, the theory becomes much stronger.
 
Back
Top